If you have been living with teeth that are crooked or misaligned, you might feel self-conscious about your smile or even try to hide it behind your hand. Many adults have become resigned to their teeth, unwilling to commit to months or even years of orthodontic treatment with traditional metal braces.
The good news is that now clear braces are available to fit into almost any adult lifestyle. With plastic aligners that gently nudge your teeth into a preferred position, clear braces are barely noticeable. Talk to your dentist in Pikesville about clear braces and the many advantages to getting them.
What Makes Clear Braces Such a Great Option?
Of course, the greatest advantage of clear braces is that they are virtually undetectable. Even someone sitting across the table from you will barely be able to see them. This is a tremendous advantage for adults who don’t want to wear braces for professional reasons.
There are other benefits as well:
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is much easier than it is with traditional braces. Instead of maneuvering around brackets and wires, you can simply remove the aligners to clean your teeth.
- You can eat whatever you want with clear braces since they can be taken out for meals.
- Metal braces can be irritating. Brackets can break, and wires can poke at the inside of your mouth. You won’t have that with the smooth plastic trays that come with clear braces.
- You can smile and speak without having to feel self-conscious because they clear plastic aligners are practically invisible.
- If you have a special occasion or you are being photographed, you can remove the aligners for a couple of hours, as needed.
It is important to note, however, that the greatest advantage to clear braces can also be its most significant drawback: It’s easy to slack on the number of hours you need to wear them each day. If you don’t wear them for the required hours, your treatment might not be successful.
Find out more about clear braces from your Pikesville dentist Naylors Court Dental Partners. Give us a call today!